Posts Tagged ‘fluidity bar workout’
The Fluidity Bar
In 1999, founder Michelle Austin created Fluidity in response to a little-known fitness phenomenon called the Lotte Berk Method. Drawing upon her background teaching the Lotte Berk Method in New York, training with Lotte Berk in London, and studying kinesiology, Michelle created the Fluidity Bar and Fluidity Method – a workout that marries the tradition of the original bar workout with a modern understanding of human anatomy and movement.
It’s a workout that is extremely complimentary to the traditional Pilates exercise routines.
The Fluidity Bar is a ballet barre exercise program that uses the Fluidity Bar, a ballet barre with a vertical support and floor mat. With the Fluidity Bar, you’ll be able to achieve the strength and flexibility that dancers have.
The exercises use ballet and dance positions to develop your posture and strengthen weaker muscles to create a more proportioned body. The workout program incorporates strength training with cardio to burn calories more effectively. The exercises and movements can be adjusted with resistance bands and exercises balls to suit your current fitness level.
Should you decide to take-on the most popular entry into the world of Fluidity this is what you receive:
- Beginner Workout – Fluidity founder Michelle Austin guides you through Fluidity’s beginner movements with foolproof instruction
that guarantees you proper form and maximum results.
- Intermediate Workout – Take your workout to the next level with intermediate positions and resistance bands to intensify your upper-body workout.
- Advanced Workout – The ultimate whole-body challenge! Evolve your workout to a whole new level of intensity with advanced movements and the Fluidity Ball, designed to increase the challenge while adding a little fun.
- Fluidity Ball, Pump and Resistance Bands – The Fluidity Ball is designed to make even our most advanced Fluidity positions more challenging and fun. Therapeutic movements with the Resistance Bands develop functional strength in the complicated shoulder joint where weights just won’t cut it.
- Fluidity Fit Guide to Healthy Eating – Boost your energy, strengthen your immunity and accelerate your workout results with our nutritional guidelines to living a healthy and delicious whole foods way of life.
Read this review of Fluidity by just one active user:
Love This Product!
“I have done Bar Method DVDs for quite some time now, and was using a high back chair as my “barre”. When I saw FLUIDITY on TV it really perked my interest because it is very similar to Bar Method which I know produces awesome results!
“I love the compact and sturdy design of the bar. I can adjust it to my height (5’8) which I could never do with my chair. In turn, I feel I am able to really take on proper form with all of the moves and adjust accordingly.
“I like how the bar has a back on it so I can do the famous “Flat Back” exercises which are SO important in burning calories & strengthening my core! This was really a genius invention! It included the resistance ball and bands which really up’s the ante as far as being challenging (used in Intermediate and Advanced DVD)!
“As far as the routine it reminds me a lot of Bar Method with Burr Leonard but I think Michelle has more pep, personality and energy in her DVDs. That keeps me going through all of the reps.
“I think I will continue to do my Bar Method DVDs along with Fluidity DVD’s using this Bar for variety. ALSO, my boyfriend loves doing his pull ups on the bar! He tried to do this workout but he wimped out (he’s athletic,too). The moves are small and tiny but they are MIGHTY! Amazing changes WILL happen in your body! I am so happy I made this purchase!”
By Adrienne B. Johnson
Rusty sums up …
“The bar comes with a series of DVDs that walk you through the many moves you can do with the device. However, it’s important that you follow the instructions carefully to help reduce your risk of injury. This will also maximize your results.”
“You can purchase the full Fluidity Bar Exercise Package (as illustrated above) from AMAZON at the low price of $368.95 (saving over $80) by clicking the link below.”
For a comprehensive guide to Pilates, plus a wide range of training videos, visit http://www.pilatesfitnessguide.org You may also like to visit http://www.healthyhabitsmatter.com for articles on many healthy living topics.